Read the buzz on Barry Chic . . . and what we’ve been buzzing about.
Who better knows Barry Chic than those who’ve experienced Lisa Barry’s services firsthand.
“It was refreshing to have the personalized services of Barry Chic in the convenience of my own home! Lisa supplied me with a list of classic multi-functional pieces and the best choices of the most current seasonal styles to add to my wardrobe. She is very knowledgeable and builds excitement about fashion!”—Michelle, accountant
“With an upcoming business trip and no time to pack, I turned to Barry Chic for help. Lisa selected appropriate outfits for daytime business meetings, after-hours cocktail receptions, and a formal business event. She packed the items and left me with a photo list for each outfit. I was able to prepare for the business parts of the trip, with the packing and outfits made stress-free and easy. Plus, the wardrobe worked perfectly and I felt great. I highly recommend Barry Chic.”—Susan, business owner
“It was great to take my existing wardrobe and have someone give me honest, straightforward feedback on what I should keep and what I could do without. It is amazing that after the whole process was over (and we had decided I could consign or donate about 1/4 of my clothes) that I was left with so many more options. My confidence is boosted and I have been inspired to look at my clothing in a whole new light!”—Kari, human resources executive
“Working with Lisa was like shopping at home! She created multiple new outfits with the clothes I already had. Clothes that I forgot I had suddenly seemed new again, exciting and current. My husband was so jealous of how organized my closet looked, he had some serious closet envy! I can’t wait to work with Barry Chic again next season to fill some of closet space that I gained!”—Christine, bank manager
We Buzz Back
Here are some of Barry Chic’s latest faves.
- James Coviello. A superbly talented designer who perfectly juxtaposes girly and edgy (“feminine with a dark side,” as he calls it), and one of the sweetest and most modest men.
- Reem Acra. Reem has a knack for creating beautiful, artistic pieces with gorgeous silhouettes and fabrics that will make any woman will feel exquisite. It’s no wonder her gowns are seen all over the red carpet.
- Malan Breton. He has an amazing attention to detail and impeccable tailoring with styles for both men and women.
- Lionette jewelry by Noa Sade. Sade’s handmade pieces, often featuring brass and natural stones, are stunningly designed. Barry Chic is proud to carry this line in our gallery.
- Shopbop. With hundreds of designers and pieces in all price ranges and styles, you’re guaranteed to find something fabulous and on trend.
- rag & bone. Timeless, comfortable clothing for men and women with a kick of downtown vibe to keep it fun and interesting.
- Old Good Things. You never know what treasures will turn up in this fabulous vintage store.
- New York Fashion Week. Barry Chic is thrilled to be a part of fashion week twice each year. The city is taken over by designers, press, models and celebs and each time it’s fresh and different.
- Hair Affair. The Art of Hair. This annual event showcases hair stylists’ avant garde creations.
- The Eiffel Tower. Nothing will make you smile like walking down the streets of Paris, turning the corner, and seeing the Eiffel Tower come into view, especially at night. Everything about the city—from the food to the architecture to the effortless street style—leaves me energized.
- Vintage and Antique Finds. As a hopeless romantic, I’m entranced by the stories behind pieces—be it a necklace or lamp—and how that history speaks to us.
- Fashion Designers. I’m always inspired by meeting with designers, hearing their passion, learning about their creative risks, and seeing their gutsy leaps of faith.