Summer is here. Jackets are coming off and everyone is getting ready for warmer weather. What is the must have clothing item of the summer? Celebrities all seem to agree, exposed shoulder tops are the look of 2016. It’s all very Bridget Bardot, and who’s a better muse for summer stlye than Bridget? Here is a list of our favorite celebrity looks this year inspired by Bardot.
- With Kate Bosworth’s wide eyes and golden locks, she is a dead ringer for Bardot with her exposed shoulder top. Bosworth manages to pull off the vintage look, while staying true in her signature boho style.
- Victoria Secret Model, and Taylor Swift BFF, Karly Kloss takes Bardot top and adds a level of European fantasy. The bold red is nautical, and the silhouette is retro, creating a modern twist on this classic summer style.
- Miranda Kerr steps out in an elegant, silk Bardot top with a long pencil skirt, and heals. This look epitomizes the versatility of the exposed shoulder trend.
- Olivia Palermo looks cute and youthful, pairing her exposed shoulders with cuffed jeans and flats. This look is the perfect day look that could even take you to a night on the town.
- Beyoncé makes her exposed shoulder floral blouse look ultra casual by pairing it with little black shorts, and sandals.
- Harry Potter alum, Emma Watson, proves that this summer’s hottest trend is capable of rocking the runway. She styled her white Bardot top with sheer panels with tuxedo pants and black heals.
- Rounding off our list is everyone’s favorite super model and reality star, Kendall Jenner. When Kendall and her little sister Kylie hit up Coachella this spring, Kendall was wearing a cropped, exposed shoulder top, paired with 70s inspired flared pants.
Which is your favorite look? Do you think we missed one? Tell us your thoughts and let us know if you plan on wearing this trend this summer.